Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hair today, Gone tomorrow

In our house, we have a lot of hair.  Even our boys like to sport the long 'do too!

Personally, its one of my 'things'.  I've always cut and colored my own hair and I also cut everyone's in the family.

I blame my mom... watching her be a hair dresser during my entire childhood left a BIG mark.  Well, at least its a good one!

Anyway.

I found it extremely difficult to have no say over Sam's hair while he was at the orphanage.  Those children's hair is at the mercy of the nanny's whim.  I cringed -some from fear- the first time that I saw him with a shaved head because I've seen the long straight razor that they shave them with.

Here are some of Sam's infamous 'dos while there:






And my personal favorite -NOT-....
Once he came home, I relished in growing it out, finding the right mixture of hair care products and styling it.  WOW, was there a lot for me to learn.



I think that I was doing pretty good too.  His hair were growing healthy and looked great when I styled it.
 
And then swim team season started.

The Littles spend the entire time playing in the pool.  I didn't realize that the chemicals were really drying out Sam's hair. 

Last week, a friend suggested that I try a sleeping cap for him.  It will help to hold in the moisture and to keep his twists held together more, when he has them in.

So here is our new tool in Sam's hair care.  We will call it his 'ninja cap.' [hat tip to some fellow Haitian adoptive mommas]

What do you think?

No comments: